Expertise in super-molecular thermoplastic polymer structure, rheological behaviour of plastics, compounding and converting of plastics represent a basis for the activities of this group. Within the framework of these latter, some selected particulate fillers are evaluated.
The main areas of interest can be defined as follows:
- testing of parameters relevant for material quality control
- determination of rheological and physical characteristics necessary in plastics engineering
- determination of the melt mass-flow rate (MFR) and melt volume-flow rate (MVR) of thermoplastics: Standard method - (ISO 1133-1) and Method for materials sensitive to time – temperature history and/or moisture (ISO 1133-2)
- examination of behaviour of materials subjected to kneading, extrusion, blowing, injection moulding and thermoforming
- manufacturing of test specimens, semifinished products and model articles used for subsequent testing of their physical and application properties. Study of relationships between processing conditions and desirable properties, optimisation of processing conditions of new materials. Testing of small injection moulds.
- study of relationships between polymer structure, composition and morphology of materials and their rheological and processing characteristics
- research and development in the field of CR polypropylene grades
- chemical modifications of polymers in extruders